Thursday 22 August 2013

My Everyday Make Up Products

So as you can see I'm a bit of a MAC fan... but to be honest I have't really tried many other brands. I think that's because I'm happy with MAC... but if anyone can suggest any other brand that is better then please do let me know! I'm too scared to step outside my comfort zone with make up so if people tell me about an amaaazing other product, I'll give it a whirl!

Products I use:
MAC Prep & Prime Skin Visage
MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW25 (That does go up to NW33 in Newcastle... I can't be the only pale person there!!)
MAC Moisture Concealer NW20
MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in the colour Forecast
MAC Skin Finish Powder in Medium
MAC eyeshadow in Concrete (Which I lightly use on my eyebrows... I need to actually get a pencil!)
KIKO Eyeliner in Indigo Blue
Ardell Wispies Eyelashes
MAC Blush (The shade has rubbed off on my...)
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl (Only applying one layer as its very bright!)

So basically, I use a non oil based moisturiser (The 'Clean & Clear" one), just because I hate to have a shiny face! I then wait till thats dry and run on two squirts worth of my Mac Prep & Prime Skin Visage, literally can't live without this primer!! (Little trick too if you use this, when it has 'run' out, pull off the top, this may take some pulling/cutting ((Haha)) and inside you'll have a fair amount of primer left. Like for me a weeks worth really!)
With my Real Techniques Foundation brush I apply my foundation, and then buffer it in with their Stippling Brush to get an even finish. It also kind of pushes the foundation in so you get a good cover for the day.
I then apply the concealer around my eyes and quite far under, and blend in with a blending brush (not sure on the make) I then apply highlighter to my cheek bones and my brow bones. Blending that in too. I tend to blend upwards on the cheek bones.
I then use a flat square brush thing to apply my shadow to my eyebrows. Then with my KIKO eyeliner I apply that to my top lid. Sometimes I will put a bit on the bottom lid and blend it, but thats rare. I then stick my lashes on. (I don't always wear lashes, but these lashes are so natural, adding volume and length, they look great!)
I'll apply a little blusher to my cheeks, sometimes I use Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer instead, kind of depends on what colours I'm wearing in my outfit.
Finally I'll use the Mac Raspberry Swirl lipstick, or my trusty Lip Smacker Sprite Flavour lip salve to finish it all off.


To take off my make up at night (which you should always do before you go to sleep, its soooooo bad for your skin if you don't! Your skin needs to breathe too!) I always use Johnsons Baby Wipes because they are so gentle on your skin, leaving my skin baby soft at night!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post you are so pretty.^^
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a similar post!
    We use a lot of the same styling ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vanessa,
    I love Mac as well as you do! Your makeup looks really nice.

    Love,
    Tabi

    http://cookieandsilk.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete