Friday 16 August 2013

Countryside vs City

I have lived in both countryside and city, mainly the countryside. Now, both of them have their pros and cons.

When I first got into Northumbria University, Newcastle, I didn't think any thing of living in the City or should I say the Toon, until I moved there. My flat was literally on top of a rail track! To begin with every time a train went past I would notice it, even at 3am (when I was actually trying to sleep and not out on the toon!) This really surprised me that I noticed every train because, with my Dad being in the RAF we have always lived near base where planes would come and go, and men and women out on the ranges firing guns. I guess growing up with that all your life you do get used to it. Where I guess a train running past my room was a bit different to a plane overhead.

Where I have moved to now on the outskirts of central london, is really peaceful. There is an airport near by, but its for private planes, and they are barely that loud. I like living in the countryside because of how peaceful it is, you rarely hear a siren or a car horn. Compared to Newcastle where you literally won't go 5 minutes without hearing a siren, car horn, or a train. I'm not joking! 

However, living in the countryside means that to actually get to a decent shop, or go food shopping you have to travel a fair bit. Where as in Newcastle town was a 10 minute, if that, stroll in. Which is also very dangerous for us Fashion girls who can't walk past a clothes shop without purchasing something.
(Instagram) Richmond Bridge
Abbey Gardens - Bury St Edmunds
(Instagram) Bury St Edmunds
Another thing I like about the countryside is, that it is actually picturesque. I've taken these on my iPhone 5, and only put a filter on the Fields and Richmond Bridge but the countryside is just so pretty. 
But, I have taken pictures of the city, in New York and in Newcastle where I have loved the outcome. I think a lot depends on the weather too mind!

People say 'ugh I would hate to live in the city' or vice versa, but to me I'm not bothered. I don't mind if my space is surrounded by big buildings, and that there are siren and car horns sounding outside my window. Or all I can hear is birds at 6am, and the occasional tractor on the fields near by. I think I'm lucky to be living in the countryside during non term time, and then when it is term time I'm in the city. Best of both worlds!
(Instagram) Millennium Bridge - Newcastle 2013
USA 2013 
Statue of Liberty 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment