Saturday 24 August 2013

Glossy Box - Highflyers August Box

My first box has arrived!!

I used to be with 'She Said Beauty', but stopped about a year ago when it became pointless to me. I thought I would give Glossy Box a try! They've had good reviews, and I always read about them on blogs, so I thought why not!

My first box arrived this morning and it looked like this: (Excuse the rubbish photos, I was doing it in bed I got too excited to wait!)


The packaging was pretty neat, polka dot box which opened up to a pale pink hard box with the Glossy Box symbol on the front. I opened it up to an August leaflet and then underneath there was a neatly tied ribbon. Just like the 'She Said Beauty' boxes. 


So this was what was in my box! 
Viva La Juicy Noir Perfume
Jelly Pong Pong Eyeshadow and liner
Oceane Make Up Remover Pen
Emite Eyelash Curlers
Purity Made Simple Cleanser.

I have never used any of these products so it will be interesting to see how they do. I probably won't use the eyelash curlers. I love perfume samples because they are great to take away for the weekend instead of having a big bottle, or even just to slip into your handbag for a top up during the day. 

I used to use Jelly Pong Pong stuff when I used to buy it from the NEC Clothes Show, but then I discovered more make up as I got older and ditched that brand. However, I will try it.

I can't see the pen being that useful to me... as I like to use wipes, but it may be good for around the eye because my eyes are so sensitive when it comes to taking make up off.

I've used eyelash curlers in the past, and the best ones I ever had were some cheap ones off E.L.F (Eyes, lips, face) I'll only ever use the curlers when I'm not putting a eyelash strip on.

I have been in fact looking for a cleanser, so this will come in use. Especially with my travelling back and forth at the moment, its probably a good size to use for another 3 weeks!

It won't be long till my September box comes because I ordered my August one late. It's actually quite exciting receiving the box and not having any idea what is in them!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to get the Glossy Box but the idea of not knowing what I would get always scared me. Good to know that the things you got are working for you.

    Check out my blog

    www.styleventure.blogspot.com

    Hope you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That;s how I felt about the beauty boxes, but it's almost the excitement of not knowing. And you know with Glossy Box you're going to get decent products too!

      Delete