Thursday 26 September 2013

Identity

Oscar Wilde


The first quote by Oscar Wilde is so true. Why would you want to be anyone else anyway? If we were all the same we would all be boring! 

And I love the second quote. Honestly, when I was at boarding school you were either clever or not. No in between. It's so wrong. And if you were a prefect in the last year you wore a different blazer to everyone else so you stood out. Which is fine because we were like a point of call for anyone. But honestly, that green blazer got to some people's heads and they were just out on a power trip all the time. I don't think I ever took the blazer too seriously in the sense that I treated people as "below" me. You are there to help. 

You are who you are, whether with A*'s or not, a green or navy blazer or whether you have expensive clothes or not. We are all so judgemental of each other, and yet I bet if you took some time to get to know some one a lot of your first views of that person would be incorrect. 

Your environment will create your characteristics. But things that happen in your life will too. I always think about how I treat people and how I want people to treat me. You don't know everyones life story so you have no idea what has happened in their life. I always take that in to consideration.

As they say, "never judge a book by its front cover".


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful !
    Love your blog<3
    http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for a leibster award, as I love your blog!
    Heres the link:
    http://bleachedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete