Wednesday 11 September 2013

21st Birthday Weekend!

Oh my, what a weekend! Sorry I haven't blogged... it's been a whirl wind of a weekend!

So, I turned 21 on Friday. I travelled back from Suffolk on Thursday evening after work with my good friend Gina. Time flew because we were chatting away, so what seems to me as a painful journey made each week, wasn't that bad at all when you're not on your own!

So on Friday my parents were away at work, so it was just, my sister Chloe, Gina and I. We just had a casual day at home. I didn't open any presents or cards, as I wanted to wait till my parents were home to see everything I had got!

Anyway, Dad arrived home late from work and so we didn't have time to open presents before dinner, so we went into Bromley for a meal we had booked at the AQUA Bar & Grill, which is a Mediterranean and Italian restaurant. I love Greek food, as do the rest of my family so this was like being back in Cyprus. After having a starter and main meal I was beyond stuffed, to my surprise my Mum had all three courses. When her dessert was brought out, I had a huge sparkler thing placed in front of me! That might be why Mum wanted me to order a dessert! Haha!



Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos with my sister that night due to her having an operation in her mouth two days before so she couldn't smile or do much with her face as it was still very painful and swollen, bless her...

After dinner all of us went and met the other girls who had travelled from Hull and Ireland to come see me for my birthday! We had a quick drink at a bar then headed home for my cake, which was a bit different this year!

Now, I don't like birthday cakes... but I do LOVE Krispy Kremes!!! So this was my 'cake'! - My Mum is the best!! <3


After eating a doughnut or two, I opened all my presents and cards. I had my card and present from Gina a few days before....


So I got money, jewellery, cosmetics, flowers, a big trunk thing which I wanted for all the photos I have, Jack Wills things, but my main present from my parents had been sent away to be custom lengthened, but it was ready to pick up on the Saturday....

This was my present from my parents. A Tiffany & Co Necklace with Mother of Pearl. Absolutely LOVE it, and have worn it every day since! I love Tiffany too and this necklace completes my collection, ring, earrings, bracelet and now a necklace... no harm in having more in the future too!!

So Saturday we all went in to London, found our 5* Hotel, The Park Lane Hotel, dropped our bags off and went out shopping and went and found the club we had a table booked in for for tonight. Met my other friend in London, did a bit more shopping and went for a cheap meal at Pizza Express, which I got a free bottle of Prosecco with as it was my Birthday! Not doing bad so far for my Birthday hey!


After dinner, we rushed back to the hotel to get ready, us girls need plenty of time to get ready!!

We had three rooms between 6 of us, but our room (mine and Gina's) was the biggest, with a King size bed!

We were all ready and set to go to DSTRKT!





We got to the club, were seated at a table with a huge bucket, with a 3 litre bottle of Ciroc! All the mixes were beside it, all for free! Well, it would be rude not to drink it!

Next thing, we are getting UV VIP stamps! I even got a birthday shout out from the DJ! Ah all this for free! Amazing! Okay, so it hit 3am, and it was time to leave. We left, and headed straight to Mc Donalds... as you do! We walked back to the hotel and everyone came to our room and we all ate our Maccy D's together! Haha...


It's safe to say we were all rather tender in the morning... and looking through the photos we had taken might explain why! (These are my pictures, the other girls haven't given me their's yet..)







This was our Promoter that sorted everything out - Hezron
Hezron messaged me during the night we were out but I didn't read it, only read it in the morning, asking if we wanted another bottle of Ciroc... good thing I didn't see it really, we wouldn't have made it out alive I don't think!

So Sunday was a lazy morning, long brunch at Pret and then the rest of the afternoon was shopping! We can all say we spent too much on shopping! After two of my friends made their own way home, the rest of us 'quickly' visited Victoria Secrets, hour and a half later we went home. I made us all a dinner, Fajitas, helped with out hangovers for definite! After that we watched 'The Butterfly Effect' - amazing film, and then went to bed, which was much needed at 11pm!!

It's safe to say it was a mad weekend, we barely stopped!



Sad to think this is my last week of work/home before I go back to uni... barely seen my parents this summer due to working back here in Suffolk, which really upsets me as I am so close to them, but I guess it's all part of growing up!

Thank you to everyone that wished me Happy Birthday and to all the girls for traveling so far to be there on my Birthday! Much appreciated and loved spending the weekend with you... fair to say I need a few days off now to recover from being on the go so much, but I'm back in Suffolk working! Where did this summer go, I've not had a break and straight back into uni...

Definitely would say make the most of everything to everyone... honestly, my Mum always said to me when I used to say 'I can't wait to be 18' etc not to wish my life away, well I was 18 three years ago, and I haven't a clue where the time has gone.

Don't wish your life away. Make the most of every minute!


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great time! I'm 21 in December eek.. I'm scared cause I feel like I need to be mature by then and have a life plan haha! Xxx

    ReplyDelete