Tuesday 30 July 2013

Commuting

Ah here I am again traveling. Most people commute to London. Well I live in London and commute out of it weekly! 

People used to say to me 'I hate living in London' or 'people in London are so grumpy and rude!' Well, I just used to think those people were being sensitive. But after four or five weeks of commuting I can now understand what they mean. I have also become one of those grumpy and rude people! London traveling is horrid. Peak times are horrendous (more so when it's hot, my patience isn't great when I'm hot). I become a pushy person getting to the places I need to be. 

It's made me think. I don't have an identity when traveling through London. There are so many people. And I'm just one of many. I don't talk to anyone, only the barista at Liverpool Street at Costa when he serves me my caramel latte to go. I travel with music playing and march on to where I need to be. I hate traveling alone, especially in busy places and music seems to comfort me. 

I best get used to it as I'll be doing this for the rest of the summer. 
London Liverpool Street Train Station

No comments:

Post a Comment